Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Michael Jordan trash talks Bryon Russell, and Bryon Russell responds!

If you missed the Michael Jordan induction ceremony into the Hall of Fame, then you missed 45 minutes of trash talking from the king of basketball himself. Nobody was safe, not even his kids! (“I don’t envy you guys.”) But the best was when he told a story about Bryon Russell, Karl Malone, and John Stockton visiting him while he was on his failed pursuit of becoming a baseball player for my beloved White Sox. Bryon Russell trash talked and said that he could shut MJ down if he ever came back.

Well, we know what happened – MJ returned, told him at a game, “Remember how you said you could shut me down? Well, now’s your chance.” And Bryon will FOREVER be posterized by the great MJ in the 1998 NBA Finals.

Bryon Russell got wind of this final trash-talking from MJ and he just could NOT keep his mouth shut! Have you not learned your lesson yet?

From Yahoo Sports:
Bryon Russell has a message for Michael Jordan: Whenever you’re ready, I’ll be waiting in California – in my basketball shorts.

“I’ll play his ass right now,” Russell told Yahoo! Sports. “This is a call-out for him to come play me. He can come out here in his private jet and come play. He’s got millions of dollars. He can pay for the jet. He can meet me at the Recreation Center in Calabasas.

“We can have Mark Jackson do the commentating. We can have Mitch Richmond do the officiating. We can put it on TV and see if Michael’s still got it.”


Be careful what you wish for!

No comments: